Brewster, NY – Introduction to Sustainable Beekeeping, Part 1: Sustainable Beekeeping, on Wednesday, October 6 at 7pm, and Part 2: Sweetness and Light, on Wednesday, November 3 at 7pm at Tilly Foster Farm, Brewster, NY.
Part 1, “Sustainable Beekeeping”, Wednesday, Oct 6 at 7pm, speakers will cover:
- Overview of the current honeybee situation from a professional beekeeper’s viewpoint.
- What’s trending both good and bad in American beekeeping.
- Why advancing apiculture as a sustainable solution is necessary for a healthy change in consciousness.
- Solution models implemented in the Hudson Valley.
Part 2: Sweetness and Light, Wednesday, Nov. 3 at 7pm, with Tom Sotiridy, Beekeeper
- The history of managed bees in the development of civilization.
- The future with the wisdom and products of the honeybee.
- The title of the talk is shamelessly borrowed. In establishing higher bee consciousness, we need to review our history, both its glory and inglorious moments so we all can have a better handle on the possibilities ahead of us.
Solutions to today’s honeybee situation will take all of us, join us to learn how. Event is FREE but Pre-registration required at: http://putnam.cce.cornell.edu/events
For more information call Stefanie Hubert, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Putnam Executive Director at 845-278-6738 ext. 223, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.